Friday, February 12, 2016

"Bee" Mine


I found this Lemon Sugar Cookie recipe on Pinterest.  I was looking for something tasty to decorate for Valentines Day. I was all set to try my hand at decorating with Royal Icing.  Turns out I must have thrown away my ancient jar of meringue powder so that will have to wait for another day.  But that's alright, because the lemon icing for these little cookies is so divine, who needs Royal Icing?
 So lemon cookies it is. I had the little sugar bees and I think they get the "Bee Mine" message across just fine :)
 The hand carved heart spoon is a gift from my Valentine of 35+ years.  Oh Earl, you know just how to make my heart go pitter patter.
We will probably stay in for Valentines Day. Do a little cooking together, grab a movie on Netflix. We both hate crowds, dinner out and a movie can be saved for another night.  How about you? Are you staying in or going out? Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends!

18 comments:

  1. They look pretty
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy and pretty. I will definitely be giving these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, do those cookies look pretty! I love a soft sugar cookie. Reminds me of my grandma:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look scrumptious! We will take my dear, little mother to church and have lunch with her. We try to celebrate a bit of Valentine's Day with her since my dad is gone. We will stay in for the evening and may watch a good movie!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look fabulous and I am certain they taste superb. Just as cute as can be (bee)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM, I LOVE LEMON treats and those cookies are calling to me! Having pizza tonight for our Valentine's day with the "kid's"!
    deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, those sound delicious and they are adorable!! Pinned these. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy! Oh, these little cookies are the cutest things! You did a great job on decorating them too and the bees just are so so cute! I got the decals on my mixer and I love it! I have a post up showing it and shouting out to everyone about you and your talents! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable. I love lemon, and will be checking this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! We like lemon cookies. We will be staying in and enjoying the Sunday afternoon and evening that we usually do. I may have to think about a special dinner. What are you making...stir fry?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable !!!!! My husband favorite cookies are lemon ...definitely have to try and make these !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable and look too pretty to eat! I love anything with lemon in it! Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw these on your IG! Thanks for the link. I have to try them and I'm working on my piping technique!

    Snow can suck...I'm trying not to wish the days away and just live in the moment. Not easy as I'm sure you know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that spoon!

    How can Earl have been your Valentine for 35 years already? None of us are that old, are we?

    See you Saturday! Hopefully, you'll be the one with cookies in hand...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are the sweetest little cookies I have ever seen! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always have the most beautifully decorated foods...I am such a plain jane cook and pale in comparison to you....boo
    Hope all is ok there with you and those you love...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Catching up on my blog reading. These are adorable! On a side note, my daughter is dating someone living in Macomb. Was wondering if that was near you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)