Thursday, March 6, 2014

And Speaking of Gardens....

Goodness, it's been a while. I've been busy with orders, praying for warm weather, cleaning, praying for warm weather, errands, praying....well you get the idea. It's supposed to be 40 degrees tomorrow and I can barely contain myself. I see us all craving the sunshine and green grass. My cravings are fueled by my primrose binge. They are on sale for 79 cents now at Home Depot, I don't even care if they live long enough to plant outside for that price. Don't judge me because they are sitting in the windowsill without real pots. You can't even see that past the sofa back and I do have plans to repot but I've been busy praying for warm weather.
 You have to have priorities.
 
I also indulged in a few potted green plants, plopped into my pedestal milk glass collection they make me happy. I had these distributed throughout the house but decided they all needed to be in the big bay window where I can enjoy the illusion of a garden.
 This amaryllis is there too.  You first saw this w-a-a-a-a-y back in December. Victoria brought it home for me and I believe she will now have the duty of always choosing my amaryllis bulb.  This little darling bloomed non-stop, with multiple blooms over Christmas and January. I believe I enjoyed 5 flowers the first time it bloomed.  When they had all died, I cut the stem back and was rewarded when another stalk appeared.  This time there are seven buds that I can see.  I have never had an amaryllis bloom like this before.
 But I'll take it:>) It's so beautiful and with the sun shining through it this morning it actually sparkles. I wish you could see the way it glistens in the photos.
Oooh look, you can!  Right now it's not a Christmas flower, it's a spring flower :>) 
In other news, I have been without a kitchen sink for nearly a week now as the counter tops get installed. Do you have any idea how often you use the kitchen sink? *sigh*  But it's almost finished and I should be washing dishes and enjoying the new counters by the weekend.  Paper plates and microwave to the rescue. It's looking so pretty and I can't wait to finish things up and show you.  Lights have been ordered and I am already contemplating repainting the walls.  Spring is on the way, I can feel it. Hope you are all enjoying the first signs of spring too.
 

15 comments:

  1. The pretty primroses are in our shops too, and I love them put in one big bowl looking up at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see your lovely blooms this morning. We received another 8" of snow on Monday. There is a local church in town that has the following displayed on their marquee" "Whoever is praying for snow, STOP."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, your flowers are so pretty. I am completely unable to grow things in the house so I'm jealous of yours. Can't wait to see your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me want to go shop to fill my windows with pretty flowers! It reminds me of an English cottage window, Kathy.
    Can't wait to see your refurbished kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty flowers! True happiness on these cold gray winter days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The primroses are BEAUTIFUL. I'm going to have to look again at Home Depot. They weren't there the last time you posted about them. It's amazing what a bright pop of color can do for a heart. We're having some lovely warm weather here now. Yes, Spring it surely on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers look beautiful Kathy. I am looking forward to seeing your new counter top. We have predictions of snow and ice tonight here, but on Monday it is suppose to be in the 60's and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take living, blooming things over the snow and ice any day! Even in a picture! Beautiful! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS Your new pillows are gorgeous! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are gorgeous in that beautiful light! Can't wait to see the big reveal! You must be so excited about getting your sink back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have primroses in my dining room, too. I love the way they bring the feel of Spring inside. I saw pansies at the market the other day. I may add a couple of them to the mix so I really feel like Spring is on its way!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOO, what lovely flowers....I'll ck and see if our store here has these. I am planning on doing container gardening this year. There's such pretty spots around the pool that will really shine with a flower or two. :)
    Just the idea of setting our clocks ahead one hour makes me think, with a smile, that spring is right around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the flowers grouped together like that. It's a little indoor garden!

    I can't wait to see your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there no end to the beauty and usefulness of milkglass?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful and what I needed to see today on the first day of Spring!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)