Monday, February 4, 2013

Tomato Soup

This girl has her father's cooking skills.  Ok, I'm no slouch in the kitchen either.
She dug around and found Pioneer Woman's tomato soup recipe and made it to warm up this cold winter day.
I think it is very close to Panera's soup, maybe even better. I didn't have a bread bowl for it, (I'm low carbing) but she made a batch of her soup the other day and on this cold snowy day it was just the thing to have for lunch.  Warm and delicious, and easy.
 Want the recipe?
 
Tomato Soup
 
3-4 large cans of drained, diced tomatoes (or if you have fresh tomatoes, a 9 x 13 pan of tomatoes, roasted and blended)
1 clove of garlic roasted
1 med onion, diced and sauteed
2 chicken bouillon cubes
3 tsp sugar
a little salt
ground pepper to taste
a good handful of chopped fresh basil (or toss in a little dried)
1/2 to 3/4 cup white wine.
 
Saute onions and roasted garlic, add everything else, let it simmer for a while and then, a little at a time, puree in blender. Careful! It's hot!  Sprinkle a little Parmesan on top to serve, or how about a little dollop of sour cream and some croutons?
 
Bread bowl optional:>)
 
 

17 comments:

  1. Lovely! Roast tomatoes have so much more flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks really good. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try this delicious looking recipe but my husband would have a fit. He will not eat tomatoes!! Can you imagine that??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum-m-m!!!! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the recipe.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks good, and it has to be healthy, too. Love Panera! I'm going to copy this. Your daughter is so cute!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am such a soup fanatic and this looks so wonderful!!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe with us...now all I need is a grilled cheese sandwich on the side...YUM!

    Janet xox
    The Empty Nest

    PS....your daughter is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, first of all, she is gorgeous!!
    I thought it probably had some chicken broth :) YUM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!This soup looks delicious. A bowl of this with your crusty whole wheat bread would be just the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy,
    It's nearly dinnertime and yes, I have a nice pot of homemade soup on the stove. I love this time of year when it's crisp and cold outside. Nothing warms the tummy better than a bowl of hot soup. Your daughter's recipe looks scrumptious. I couldn't help but notice the roasted garlic! Yummmmm!!

    Thank you for your prayers for my little grandbaby boy. He is doing well and bouncing back nicely. It was such a blessing being there to be able to help out. My son is off until March to help now.

    I love your new header. What an adorable garland of hearts and oh, the bright and cheery colors!

    Hugzzzzz,
    Carolynn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tomato soup and have never had homemade. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your soup sounds yummy:) I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I saw your banner on BJs site! It is soooooo cute! Have a blessed day, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE tomato soup so I will be trying this for sure! Your daughter is so pretty, like her Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recipe! I love their tomato soup! I love bread bowls - why do they have to be so bad for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kathy, she is so lovely. Tomato soup...my favorite. Thank you for the recipe.

    Wishing you a lovely day.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)