Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I have been hanging more pictures in the living room. I got this set of three frames at a yard sale for $6. They had old faded rose prints in them that had seen better days but I loved the frames. I had also picked up a book of Audubon prints for $1 a couple years ago and was saving it to frame some of the prints. So this is the result! It is hard to take a picture without getting a reflection in the glass that makes it hard to see the print so I took these at an angle.
The wall they are on was a huge blank for so long, I decided they belonged here and I really love how they turned out. My darling husband loves birds, and so do I, so it was a great way to put some in the house. The lighting is a little dark, again I was trying to get the glare of sunlight out of the photo, but the wall color is a little more accurate than the photos I took of the wreath over the sofa a couple days ago! I am slowly getting things decorated, Christmas is a great incentive to get the house in order, suddenly all the little disorganized spaces in the house are just screaming to be handled! Being stuck inside for the winter will hopefully get me going on some things I have been putting off because there were fun things to do outside:>) This weekend we get our Christmas tree (always a live tree at our house!) and I hope to have most of the decorating finished by then for the first Sunday of Advent. We love to celebrate Advent and make it special family time and time to slow down and remember the real focus of the season. It is one of the things our daughters look forward to the most! Do you celebrate Advent?

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful frames and what a bargain.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your pictures turned out wonderfully! And what great bargains. I love to frame prints from books or old calendars. Yours look beautiful. When my kids were in grammar school, they made an Advent wreath every year. I think we all loved the feeling of anticipation Advent brings -- to wait in anticipation for the birth of the child...
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bargain on the frames. I love how they turned out on the wall. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frames and they turned out great. What a deal pictures are so high now days and made cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love bird prints. You scored on these frames. Good deals make me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Miss Kathleen...I'm so happy you stopped by my blog. I tried not too show too much, don't want you to know what I'm putting together. This swap has been fun, and I can't wait to get this off in the mail to you. I hope you will like it. Talk with you soon - take care - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good deal on those frames and prints, and I like how it looks on your wall. Great job!
    Advent..truly a time of anticipating the birth of Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouu Kath that looks sooo nice!
    I haver been rearrangeing and hanging pictures and shelves too!
    It gives the house a whole new look!

    Enjoy your week!
    Hugz, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! I've got a long expanse of wall I've been trying to figure out what to do with, too. You've given me the beginnings of an idea. Thank you!

    We always do a live tree too, but this year we'll be gone for a bit during December and don't want to leave a dry, live (dead) tree unattended, so I've been shopping for a fake tree. Bleah! They're so....fake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH I LOVE anything with birds on it,those are so beautiful I would of paid alot of money for them they truly are something I would buy. How exciting to find something so beautiful and a GREAT PRICE!
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Kathy, those are lovely! I love birds too! They are so beautiful. Your home is lovely!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous!! We have to have the vision (as you do) to see what it "is" vs. what is being presented. You knew the frames were beautiful and you knew the bird graphics you had were beautiful and your mind's eye was able to see the two together. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your audobon prints. I have developed a great fondness for birds, bird prints, nests etc lately...
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty prints! Love the nativity set ....so sweet. It is neat that you got that from your Grandmother. Wanted to tell you I have tried posting more but I have problems with your pop up box. cherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)