Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Blueberry cobbler

I was in a baking mood tonight so I dug through the freezer looking for some blueberries and whipped them up into individual portions of warm blueberry cobbler. Yum! I found these little baking dishes at an estate sale this summer and as it turns out they work wonderfully for little desserts. You probably can't see but the outside of them is a beautiful pale blue. I had mine with whipped cream. By candle light. It doesn't get any better than that:>)
Here is the receipe if you want to make your own:
Heat oven to 400. Blend 1/2 cup sugar, 1 TBSP cornstarch, 4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) and 1 tsp lemon juice. Cook , stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil & stir 1 minute. Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole. Keep fruit mixture hot in oven while preparing biscuit topping.
Measure 1 cup flour, 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1 1/2 teasp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt into bowl. Add 3 Tbsp. shortening and cut in, add 1/2 cup milk and mix until dough forms a ball. Drop dough by spoonsful onto hot fruit.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuit topping is golden brown. Serve warm and, if desired, with cream.:>)

18 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy! I sooo wish I could share in your cobblers..they look yummy! The star votives are gorgeous all lit up. Where did you get the hanging ones at? I would love to have you share Earl's recipe for his chocolate pumpkin cheese cake! I would like to try that. Thanks! XOXO,Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, every time I visit you, I walk away hungry!!!! Those look so comforting and delicious!! Chad would FREAK!! He loves cobblers. Okay, I am off to find a snack...

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, oooh yumm, love cobblers :) No, it does not get any better than that! Can we have ours with ice-cream please?!! Have a great week! Jenn and Jacqui :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, You just have to be the best wife ever. You are always coming up with something. That looks so yummy and warm. Love the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cobblers! Your's look yummy!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy!
    Those look AWESOMELY good! Wish I had some blueberries to make some! Love the little blue dishes too - perfect for "blue" berries!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, those look divine! What a sweet way to make dessert special for each person! Love the dishes, too. :)
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, your cobblers look delish, everyone has their own sweet little dish....I like:). Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What could be better than warm blueberry cobbler on a cold day!
    Yummy..
    I like to go to my freezer too for some inspiration and usually I find something that begs to be baked up into a scrumptious dish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I need the recipe! (please) That looks so gooooood!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sre a risk blog to me! I want some of that NOW!
    Crap, I guess I'll have to go make it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE blueberry cobbler! Just looking at these make my mouth water! I think looking at them here is safer than me baking them. I would eat them all be myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yummy. It just looks delicious.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks and sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I will certainly try this one:)

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathleen,

    I used a stamp for the fleur de leis and filled it in so you could see the brush strokes. For the "W" I printed out an image and transfered it onto the plate with carbon paper.....it is worth noting that kijsa (who freehands everything) wrinkled her nose at both suggestions :)

    Have a blessed day!

    kari (and kijsa)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm, sounds delicious. What a great way to serve it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! A scoop of ice-cold homemade ice cream would be the way to top it for me. I love cobbler! Think I'd better make some. Thanks for sharing. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cobbler of any kind is my favorite! The more topping, the more stuff, the better! It looks wonderful!! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)